Friday, October 22, 2010

Living la vida loca..!!

I wouldn't have it any other way really.. I have never been one for sitting still, and dear God, bless Him, has at least allowed me to continue with my craziness by giving me a form of TM which sees me recovering for periods of time. Yes, it is frustrating, as although I recover and can get on with most things relatively "normally" I never know when a relapse might hit me. We plan our lives thinking I will be ok and then deal with the consequences as they arrive.

So, right now we are preparing to leave Chile, and so I am trying to find the most economical way to get our possessions back, pack, find somewhere to live and organise how we move into a new house, as we are not returning to our flat in London. My brother is here visiting with his wife and daughter as I mentioned, and I have been acting as their travel agent. Don't worry, I love that sort of thing, but of course it is one more thing to do. Today I am busy with my nana organising food for our celebration tomorrow. I feel very blessed to have had Karina working with us, as she has enabled me to get on with other areas of my life. Now that my MSc dissertation is completed, I have been trying to focus on nutrition and how that is helping me. I am now trying to turn that outwards and would like to start to help others. My girls, of course, are a constant use of my energy, but they add so much happiness and richness to my life. On top of all this I am helping my husband start up his business as director of a consulting firm. I am responsible for keeping up with the accounts and running errands to get business cards, printing and administration done on the company's behalf.

As I said though, I wouldn't have it any other way. Life for me is so dull when I have little to do. I don't feel valued or that I am using the skills God gave me. I find it difficult to do nothing, even reading a book sometimes is hard as I feel I should be doing something more productive! I inherited it from my Mum who is just the same.. so the way I am trying to relax is by doing yoga. I have been wanting to try it for some time, and finally found a suitable class. The teacher had to stop the class after only a few weeks, so now I am having private classes with the teacher, which is great because she can tailor the class to my exact needs. Of course this combines exercise too, which I am finding more and more of a challenge because I fatigue so quickly. I have to be feeling on top notch form to do anything too physical. It is a form of exercise I am really enjoying.. and I am sure it is helping in many ways, certainly my flexibility and balance.

We don't have anymore travelling planned before we leave Chile sadly, but we are going via Peru on our way back to the Uk. The my vida will become more loca as we settle in to a new home, new city and make new friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment