Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All Change!

Things have been a bit hectic here recently, but I am pleased to say that on the whole I am holding up! We have suspected for some time that we might move back to the Uk at the end of this year, and now it is definite. 3 years of uncertainty have passed by almost in the wink of an eye it feels. I have very mixed feelings about going back, but am excited at moving closer to family and friends, and having services in a language in my mother tongue. Familiarity was something else I was seeking out a little, but that may be difficult given that we have chosen to move to a city where we know no-one.. but we have placed our trust in God that he will provide, as He always has done so far.

Consequently, we have been cramming in last minute visits around this beautiful country, trying to soak up the rich culture, the diverse landscapes and the warmth and friendliness of the Chilean people, about which I plan to write in greater detail soon. At this very moment, my brother, his wife and daughter are visiting Chile, independently exploring north of Santiago, then stopping over with us for the weekend before heading south. They took their last chance.. I have mentally prepared myself before to leave Chile, but everything changed suddenly overnight and we stayed almost another year longer. So, I guess I am a little guarded, although we are making all the necessary plans to return, including school applications and house renting.

My diet continues and although I am not always able (and if truth be told, good enough) to stick to it 100%, I can honestly say I feel the benefits when I stay on track. If I waver, I suffer in one form or another. I have had a couple of short lived but very severe attacks recently which would appear to follow on from "treating" myself to something that tastes a little more interesting. Overall, since starting my adrenal supplements I have had more energy, have been sleeping better, more patience with my children, less anxiety and just generally more relaxed. I don't fly off the handle because my husband is a little late home from work, or because the girls have decided to do their craft work as they chose and not exactly as I expected them to. So that is all very encouraging. Because of where we live, I sometimes fall short of some pills whilst waiting for my next order to arrive. I certainly notice the effects of their absence too. The adrenal glands supposedly take a minimum of 4 months to recover, and with the state of mine it could take much longer. For some it can take up to 9 months for them to regulate. I am just getting to the end of 2 months of treatment. However it is important that they are monitored, as over correction can take place, which gives rise to other problems. So when I get back to the Uk I will be getting a retest to see where I am at..

So amidst packing, filling in school applications and looking at potential houses to rent, my life trots on without too much drama. The girls are excited to return to be closer to family, although I'm not sure how much they really comprehend, but Mary seems to be led by the excitement of starting a new school. On Saturday we will be having a party to celebrate our 3 years here in Chile. It isn't a farewell party, just a celebration of the wonderful time we have had here with very special friends. I hope my brother and his family enjoy meeting them all..

No comments:

Post a Comment