Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tomorrow is yoga again.. I wonder how I will feel as the teacher said the class will not be as gentle as the one on Tuesday. Help!! I hope my supplements arrive soon and give me a good boost in energy levels, just because I always feel like I am running on reserve. I have slowed down a bit these last 2 days, but not to a great extent. My legs still work and I am not desperate to crawl into bed every few hours so that is all good. Although yesterday I did sneak off and have an hours kip whilst the girls watched some TV. If the urge comes over me and I am near a bed, I have to sleep otherwise I am not that pleasant to be around!

On a lighter note I have just booked tickets to fly to Antofagasta for a wedding in a few weeks time. I had been hoping that we might get to a Chilean wedding before we leave and finally my wish has been granted. A colleague of Ross is marrying a Chilean. It should be an interesting affair as most Chilean weddings don't happen until the evening. The service is usually around 8pm followed by a reception into the wee hours of the next morning. Who knows what we will do with the girls! I was surprised to have booked flights and a hotel so easily and reasonably priced, as the wedding takes place on the Chilean celebration Dieciocho, Sept 18th. This is when they celebrate the beginning of the process of independence from Spain. This year is the Bicentenario (200 years) celebration and is a 4 day event. I am sad in some respects to be missing such momentous celebrations here in Santiago, but I think it will be well celebrated everywhere and it may be nice to get away from what could easily be total madness! I am excited to go so far north where it is desert. Ross hasn't been far north yet, and I know he is keen to go because the diving there is really good.. the hotel we are staying at is on the beachfront and has ocean views so I don't think we will be too disappointed.

The other trip I am really excited about is in a weeks time we are going to Easter Island (Isla de Pascua). The island is supposed to be really beautiful and again has great diving. The clarity of the water is between 40-60m. I sincerely hope that we can pull off some babysitting for the girls so that Ross and I can swim out together and enjoy the warm, clear waters. There is good hiking too on the island with volcanoes for climbing. As it is only 23km long, it is great for cycling around; although I am not so sure that Mary & Jude would cycle that far!!

If we leave in November to go back to the UK, we actually will only have a few months left here. We must make the best of our time left and there are still so many places to visit.. I desperately want to do more skiing and as the sun has been shining recently the snow is melting so who knows how much ski season will be left. Hope I will be fit enough to make a trip to Lagunillas this weekend, even if it is just for the day. Mary I know is also dying to get to the snow and wants another lesson. I am very grateful for tis wedding because we never would have got to Antofagasta I'm sure. Other places I have on my radar are a trip to Peru, the amazon (probably Bolivia) and south of Santiago to Pucon. But practically, trying to fit trips into the small number of weekends we have left will be challenging, especially as Ross is working like crazy at the moment. The perks of having your own business!

No comments:

Post a Comment