Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today, I am thrilled to say that I woke at 6.30 this morning and was merrily chatting away with my husband. I did sneak off back to sleep for a while once he got up with the girls, but I felt more awake than I have done in some time. Without wanting to be too optimistic, I think there may be some breakthrough.. I have been taking in very small doses, a tincture which I happened to bring with me to Chile from previously. It contains siberian ginseng and liquorice, 2 of the supplements I have been prescribed to regulate my adrenal glands. I have been taking it with some caution as it is not what was recommended. Initially for the first few days I had some mild palpitations within half an hour of taking it, but now nothing. Today I am dancing around the house, not hobbling as I was yesterday. The only explanation I can give is that the tincture is working. I have even been indulging in the cake we made for Daddy's celebration, and still I am making progress.

I have to admit that I am excited! Who knows how much better I might feel with the correct dosage of supplements when they arrive here. I am very aware that there is much scepticism from the medical profession about nutritional approaches in helping such conditions as transverse myelitis. However, as I spent so many years searching for answers, which only seemed to come through nutrition, I can be nothing but convinced. I am one of the medical profession myself, but can't help but see the benefits of a nutritional approach. And, well, if it works for me then I am planning to stick to it and spread the word..

No comments:

Post a Comment