Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I more than survived yoga on Friday, I positively enjoyed it.. The teacher commended me on my balance and strength which was a boost to my ego. I often feel like I have lost all my fitness, so it was encouraging to see that it is still there to an extent. There was also much less toxin discomfort after the session, another very encouraging sign. So, I was disappointed that today I was feeling like I couldn't possibly make it, having gone to bed early last night with bad faceache and headache. As we leave for Easter Island on Friday I will also miss the next 2 sessions. But, rather get myself well again than push myself and stay ill. I was very hesitant to call for a doctor today, but decided that I shouldn't let this go on for any longer, having had so many symptoms over the last 6 weeks, and a lingering cough which still hasn't shifted. And, good job I did. He told me I now have a sinus infection and without decongestants and antibiotics I would be unlikely to be able to fly on Friday without significant sinus pain. I have experienced that before and I thought my head was going to blow off the top of my body, so I have no desire to go through it again. Hopefully the medicines he has prescribed will work their magic in time. This will be the first time I have taken antibiotics in 3 years. I do everything I can to avoid them as they make the candida worse, but when needs must, I have to be pragmatic.

It would seem that the nutritionist is right, that my immune system is really struggling as a result of my compromised adrenal glands. My supplements still haven't arrived yet, unfortunately. I am eagerly awaiting a parcel each day, but also hope that I am not holding onto these as the magic cure, and am then disappointed if they don't give me the result I want. I feel though that surely they have to make me feel better than I have done recently. Having been following this diet for 6 months now and feeling as I do, I find myself thinking, stuff it, I am just going to eat whatever! But, then the sensible part of me realises that I have come this far and if I give up now, I will never know what outcome I would have had in another 6 months time. So I need to stick with it for now, then see where it takes me later.

Just before this head cold really kicked off, we did manage to get a ski in for the girls on Sunday. It was doubtful on Saturday as to whether I would go, as I was knocked for six in the afternoon. My body seems to over react to the onset of an illness and on Saturday I found myself asleep in the afternoon for 2 hours. On waking I had lost the use of my right arm to quite a degree and I was just exhausted. But luckily after a good nights sleep I seemed better on Sunday despite a completely blocked nose. Jude's friend was coming with us to the slopes and we decided to go all together in their car to Farellones, which is closer than Lagunillas, and has a better road. We were also concerned about the amount of snow up at Lagunillas as it is getting towards the end of the season. It turned out to be a very frustrating time trying to organise lessons for the girls. Firstly they were refusing to teach the 3 year olds, then we finally negotiated a 2.5 hour lesson for a handsome fee of $74.000CLP (approx £85). Mary could go into the ski school, but only if there were 2 children or more. Feeling that 2.5 hrs was a bit much for their first time, we decided to try another resort to see if we came up with a better solution for the younger 2. So we drove on and ended up at Los Zorros, which we thought was El Colorado. Here they had no problem giving a 1 hr lesson, but there was no ski school for Mary, so she would have to go back to Farellones. The ski hire also had to be done at Farellones. So we would be driving back and forth between the 2 places. When we went back, Mary was still the only child for ski school. Incredible to believe on a Sunday when it was a school for children from 5-11 years old. They tried phoning the one number that they had of another interested child, but no-one answered. So they took our number and said they would call us if anyone else signed up. So we took leave for a while to sort out ski hire and have a snack. No phone call. Just in case, we decided to check again just before the school was due to start and lo and behold there was a group of children, so it was suddenly mad panic to get Mary ready to start. She was excited at the prospect of having all day there, including lunch and didn't mind that we would leave her by herself with people she didn't know. Ross stayed in the vicinity whilst Tania and I took Jude and Luisa for their lesson up at the other slope. They seemed to enjoy it and they managed to ski down the nursery slope by themselves a couple of times. When I went back to collect Mary at the end of the day, she was happy but tired. I could see that the class had been too basic for her, but Ross having watched, was very pleased that it had forced her to learn some valuable manoeuvring skills rather than just skiing. The teacher recommended that next time we took an individual class for her as the school had been too easy. I questioned why they didn't put them in groups based on their level rather than just age, but I didn't get much of a helpful response. At least if we go again before the end of the season we will have a better idea of what to expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment